VoIP Guide: Uplink GSM

Uplink GSM/IP Devices

The Uplink devices are designed to leave the customer site wireless using the cell network or internet. The signals are sent to the Uplink monitoring center and are relayed to AlarmWATCH over plain telephone lines. These devices are still subject to hitting VOIP issues because the signal is sent to AlarmWATCH via phone lines. 

Dealers using Uplink products will need to sign up as a user under the AlarmWATCH master account. The dealer will have a log in id & password for Uplinks website and they will activate and deactivate the devices thru the Uplink website. Uplink bills AlarmWATCH for the service and AlarmWATCH bills the dealer. This cost is in addition to the monitored account charges from AlarmWATCH. When dealers need help with programming devices they should be referred to the Uplink tech support team.

Uplink GSM/IP Devices

Note: Uplink devices are sent to AlarmWATCH over plain telephone lines which may result in communication problems if they hit a VOIP phone line. 

Uplink GSM/IP Devices

Uplink Communications Devices

• Uplink 2550 UL
  • Uplink 2550 CB
  • Uplink 2550 CF
  • Uplink 2530
  • Uplink 2540
  • Uplink 2500 

Dealers Talk 

The VoIP Summit held by AlarmWATCH helped me to think about how I can prepare my business for this emergent challenge and to also help my customers plan their next steps.

Thanks to Bob and the staff for pulling this summit together and for all of the great dealer services they provide to us!”  

-  Marvin Welsh, Pro-Force Security 

COPS Monitoring